Business Skills for Engineers and Technologists

Business Skills for Engineers and Technologists by Harry Cather

The scope of Business Skills for Engineers and Technologists is wider than many traditional business texts, including hot topics such as e-commerce, business ethics and law, as well as fully up-to-date coverage of management issues and finance. The interactive style of the book is ideally suited for the study of business and management topics. Rather than focussing solely on management theory, the subjects are explored within real-world engineering contexts through numerous case studies and activities, which bring the content to life and create a highly accessible text for the student reader. The IIE Textbook Series from Butterworth-Heinemann

• Student-focused textbooks with numerous examples, activities, problems and knowledge-check questions
  • Designed for a wide range of undergraduate courses
  • Real-world engineering examples at the heart of each book
  • Core texts suitable for students with no previous background studying engineering

"I am very proud to be able to introduce this series as the fruition of a joint publishing venture between Butterworth-Heinemann and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers. Mechanical Engineering Systems is one of the first three titles in a series of core texts designed to cover the essential modules of a broad cross-section of undergraduate programmes in engineering and technology. These books are designed with today's students firmly in mind, and real-world engineering contexts to the fore - students who are increasingly opting for the growing number of courses that provide the foundation for Incorporated Engineer registration." --Peter F Wason BSc(Eng) CEng FIEE FIIE FIMechE FIMgt. Secretary and Chief Executive,IIE This essential text is part of the IIE accredited textbook series from Newnes - textbooks to form the strong practical, business and academic foundations for the professional development of tomorrow's incorporated engineers.

• Content matched to requirements of IIE and other BSc Engineering and Technology courses
  • An essential textbook, providing all the information for student engineers preparing to work in a business environment, including hot topics such as e-commerce and business ethics
  • Student-centred text featuring worked examples, case studies, assignments and knowledge-check questions throughout
Elsevier Science; June 2001
Title: Business Skills for Engineers and Technologists
Author: Harry Cather; Richard Douglas Morris; Joe Wilkinson

008049417X
9780080494173
9780750652100