Food Safety in the Hospitality Industry is a user-friendly guide to current food safety and hygiene legislation and is vital reading for all those involved in food handling and preparation.
Using frequent practical examples, the text outlines and explains what you need to know about the following areas:
· The key legislation and legal background in easy-to-follow terms - includes a comparison of the UK and European Union.
· Safe food handling in practice - an easy reference source for all areas of a catering operation, including food service and labelling, storage and temperature controls and health and safety.
· The application of food safety policies in business - practical guidance on food hazard analysis, including planning, implementation, control and measurement.
Ideal reading for the core food safety component of hospitality management and catering degrees, the text is also a useful reference for industry practitioners who need to be up to speed on the legal requirements and best practice for maintaining safety and hygiene in the workplace.
Taylor and Francis; June 2012
- ISBN 9781136402630
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Food Safety in the Hospitality Industry
- Author: Tim Knowles
In The Press
"The book has a crystal clear, logical structure, specific and tangible links between chapters and has sound balance and relevance."
Cailein Gillespie, Lecturer in Hotel and Hospitality Management, The Scottish Hotel School, University of Strathclyde