In 'Key Issues in the New Knowledge Management,' Firestone and McElroy, the architects of the New Knowledge Management (TNKM) provide an in-depth analysis of the most important issues in the field of Knowledge Management.
The issues the book addresses are central in the field today:
* The Knowledge Wars, or the issue of "how you define knowledge determines how you manage it"
* The nature of knowledge processing
* Information management or knowledge management?
* Three views on the evolution of knowledge management
* The role of knowledge claim evaluation in knowledge processing, or the difference between opinion, judgements, information, data, and real knowledge in knowledge management systems
* Is culture a barrier in knowledge management?
* The Open Enterprise and accelerated sustainable innovation
* How should one evaluate KM software?
* Intellectual Capital
* Measuring the impact of KM initiatives on the organization and the bottom line
* KM and terrorism
Taylor and Francis; June 2012
- ISBN 9781136390593
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Key Issues in the New Knowledge Management
- Author: Joseph M. Firestone; Mark W. McElroy