Atmospheric Pollution

History, Science, and Regulation

by

Atmospheric Pollution: History, Science, and Regulation provides a comprehensive introduction to the history and science of major air pollution issues. The book begins with an introduction to the basic atmospheric chemistry and the history of discovery of chemicals in the atmosphere, and then moves on to a discussion of the evolution of the earth's atmosphere, and the structure and composition of the present-day atmosphere. It then provides a comprehensive and accessible discussion of the five major atmospheric pollution topics: urban outdoor air pollution, indoor air pollution, acid deposition, stratospheric ozone reduction, and global climate change. The book contains numerous student examples and problems, over 200 color illustrations, and will form an ideal introductory textbook for a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses on atmospheric pollution. It will also form a valuable reference text for researchers, and an introduction to the subject for general audiences.
  • Cambridge University Press; September 2002
  • ISBN 9780511252594
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF format
  • Title: Atmospheric Pollution
  • Author: Mark Z. Jacobson
  • Imprint: Cambridge University Press

In The Press

' … useful to students of environmental science and others with its up-to-date material, easy style, problems and examples and outstanding illustrations. … it is packed with enough quantitative and qualitative information to form the basis of a lecture course, or to act as a primer for general reader interested in the whole issue of air pollution. I do not think that there is a better book for engaging interest in the science of air pollution and I, for one, will certainly be recommending it to my second-year students.' Chemistry in Britain