This newly revised and updated edition of the classic resource on museum marketing and strategy provides a proven framework for examining marketing and strategic goals in relation to a museum's mission, resources, opportunities, and challenges. Museum Marketing and Strategy
examines the full range of marketing techniques and includes the most current information on positioning, branding, and e-marketing. The book addresses the issues of most importance to the museum community and shows how to
- Define the exchange process between a museum's offerings and consumer value
- Differentiate a museum and communicate its unique value in a competitive marketplace
- Find, create, and retain consumers and convert visitors to members and members to volunteers and donors
- Plan strategically and maximize marketing's value
- Achieve financial stability
- Develop a consumer-centered museum
Wiley; July 2008
- ISBN 9780470370391
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Museum Marketing and Strategy
- Author: Neil G. Kotler; Philip Kotler; Wendy I. Kotler
About The Author
NEIL G. KOTLER is the president of Kotler Museum and Cultural Marketing Consultants, Arlington, Virginia, and a former museum professional at the Smithsonian Institution.
PHILIP KOTLER is the S.C. Johnson & Son Professor of International Marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management in Evanston, Illinois.
WENDY I. KOTLER is an educator and museum consultant of long-standing. She is vice president of Kotler Museum and Cultural Marketing Consultants.