Children and Exercise XXIV

The Proceedings of the 24th Pediatric Work Physiology Meeting

Children and Exercise XXIV by Toivo Jurimae

Children and Exercise XXIV presents the latest scientific research into paediatric exercise physiology, endocrinology, kinanthropometry, growth and maturation, and youth sport. Including contributions from a wide-range of leading international experts, the book is arranged into six thematic sections addressing:

• Children’s health and well-being
  • Physical activity patterns
  • Exercise endocrinology
  • Elite young athletes
  • Aerobic and anaerobic fitness
  • Muscle physiology.

Offering critical reviews of current topics and reports of current and on-going research in paediatric health and exercise science, this is a key text for all researchers, teachers, health professionals and students with an interest in paediatric sport and exercise science, sports medicine and physical education.

The papers contained within this volume were first presented at the 24th Pediatric Work Physiology meeting, held in Tallinn, Estonia, in September 2007

Toivo Jürimäe is Professor, and Chair of Sport Pedagogy at the Institute of Sport Pedagogy, University of Tartu, Estonia.

Neil Armstrong is Professor of Paediatric Exercise Physiology and Director of the Children’s Health and Exercise Research Centre at Exeter University. He is also Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Exeter University.

Jaak Jürimäe is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Exercise and Sport Sciences at the University of Tartu, Estonia.

Taylor and Francis; September 2008
Title: Children and Exercise XXIV
Author: Toivo Jurimae; Neil Armstrong; Jaak Jurimae