The Doctor of Nursing Practice and Clinical Nurse Leader

Essentials of Program Development and Implementation for Clinical Practice

The Doctor of Nursing Practice and Clinical Nurse Leader by Joyce J. Fitzpatrick

Designated a Doody's Core Title!

"The construction of the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and the clinical nurse leader (CNL) set in motion a sea change in graduate nursing education. In this book, Fitzpatrick and Wallace document the history, the driving forces, and the expectations for these new roles while providing a starting point for capacity  building for the development of DNP and CNL educational programs."

--Nursing Education Perspectives
The Research Journal of the National League for Nursing

"This [book] is essential reading for graduate nursing students who are considering pursuing an advanced degree in nursing." Score: 100, 5 stars

- -Doody's

This is the first book to document and analyze the development and integration of the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs in graduate nursing institutions. Editors Fitzpatrick and Wallace, established authorities in nursing education, present this text as an introduction to these exciting new degrees.

The contributors, ranging from architects of the programs to graduates from the programs, offer valuable information on the objectives, curricula, and expected outcomes of these two educational tracks. Ultimately, the book explores how the development of these new degrees has influenced health care delivery at large. Highlights of this book:

• Delineates core program requirements and outlines what is expected of students in both clinical and academic arenas
  • Provides guidance to students making the transition from masters level nursing programs to doctoral level programs
  • Includes two chapters written by the AACN Taskforce on the new degrees, with essential information on how to gain and sustain accreditation
  • Identifies critical issues underpinning future DNP and CNL program development, and discusses the impact of the new degrees on nursing education, patient outcome, and health care

Offering comprehensive coverage of the DNP and CNL development, this book is required reading for students considering doctorates in nursing, as well as nurse educators and administrators working within the programs.

Springer Publishing Company; September 2008
Title: The Doctor of Nursing Practice and Clinical Nurse Leader
Author: Joyce J. Fitzpatrick; Meredith Kazer

Subject categories
0826138292
9780826138286
9780826138293