Get up to speed quickly with this accessible new guide on QuarkXPress 8 for both print and Web workflows. QuarkXPress experts Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise provide the essential techniques that you need in an easy-to-use format. From the basics of creating new layouts to using QuarkXPress’s superior typographic tools, this book covers the primary features for graphic designers and Web publishers—whether new to the program or returning again. Expert tips and the most efficient approach for your real-world workflow demands make this book a valuable resource.
• Setting up your workspace, tools, and palettes to increase productivity
• Creating new projects, including managing layouts within projects
• Producing professional type with hanging punctuation, OpenType, and expert built-in hyphenation and justification options
• Editing images, creating drop shadows, and working with transparency
• Building tables, creating and applying color, and using master pages
• Outputting for print, PDF, Web, and Flash
Pearson Education; March 2009
- ISBN 9780321619488
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: QuarkXPress 8
- Author: Kelly Kordes Anton; John Cruise
Imprint: Peachpit Press
About The Author
Kelly Kordes Anton is the Editor of Colorado Expression magazine. She uses this behind-the-scenes publishing knowledge to write books, articles, and stories about QuarkXPress and other software. A former Quark employee, she worked on versions 3.2, 3.3 and 4.0, and has contributed to later versions as a contractor. She has coauthored Adobe InDesign CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, and the upcoming Adobe InDesign CS4 Classroom in a Book. She has contributed to the QuarkXPress 7: Visual Quick Start Guide and Real World QuarkXPress 7.
John Cruise is a freelance writer, design instructor, and former writer and editor at Quark. He is a regular contributor to Mac/Life Magazine, and InDesign Magazine and coauthored QuarkXPress 4 for Dummies, QuarkXPress 4 Bible, InDesign Bible, Adobe InDesign CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, and Adobe InDesign CS4 Classroom in a Book.