The definitive work on the philosophical nature and impact of the theories of Charles Darwin, written by a well-known authority on the history and philosophy of Darwinism.
- Broadly explores the theories of Charles Darwin and Darwin studies
- Incorporates much information about modern Biology
- Offers a comprehensive discussion of Darwinism and Christianity – including Creationism – by one of the leading authorities in the field
- Written in clear, concise, user-friendly language supplemented with quality illustrations
- Examines the status of evolutionary theory as a genuine theory and its implications for philosophy, epistemology and ethics
- Provides a strong understanding of the philosophical nature and impact of Darwin's thought
- Holds wide appeal for general audiences outside the world of academic philosophy
- Strongly supports Darwinism and fully explores modern naturalistic explanations of religion
Wiley; April 2009
- ISBN 9781444301373
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Charles Darwin
- Author: Michael Ruse
About The Author
Michael Ruse is Lucyle T. Werkmeister Professor of Philosophy, Florida State University. The author of many books, including The Philosophy of Biology and Taking Darwin Seriously, he is also the founder and editor of the journal Biology and Philosophy. He has appeared on "Quirks and Quarks" and the Discovery Channel.