Hitler

A Chronology of his Life and Time

by

Hitler: a Chronology of his Life and Time should serve as a constant companion to students of Twentieth-century history who need a reliable and comprehensive reference book when dealing with topics related to German interwar history and the Second World War itself. In particular, the book traces the origins and development of three dominant themes in Hitler's life: what he understood under the headings of 'Race', 'Living Space' (Lebensraum), and World Dominion (Weltherrschaft).

Like the successful 1983 edition this detailed reference guide is based on a vast number of sources recording every detail of Hitler's life and career, with extensive quotations from Hitler's writings and speeches.
  • Palgrave Macmillan; May 2008
  • ISBN 9780230584495
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF format
  • Title: Hitler
  • Author: Hauner, Milan, Dr
  • Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan

In The Press

'Although published twenty-five years ago this essential reference book on Hitler and his time has only gained in value with this revised edition.' - Professor Eberhard Jäckel, University of Stuttgart.

'An indispensable research tool which has been considerably improved and enlarged since its first edition 25 years ago. Every student on Hitler and the Third Reich will be as glad as I am for this paperback edition.' - Professor Jost Dülffer,  University of Cologne.     

'This unique chronology has no counterpart and is an indispensable tool for students of Hitler and the Third Reich.' -Professor Stanley Payne, UW-Madison

'I found Milan Hauner's book extremely useful when working on my biography of Hitler. I greatly welcome the paperback version of the revised edition, which will bring this valuable reference work to a wider readership.' - Professor Sir Ian Kershaw, University of Sheffield

About The Author

MILAN HAUNER was born in Germany during World War II and educated in Prague, France and England, where he studied at St John's College, Cambridge, and St Antony's College, Oxford. He has published ten books and more than one hundred scholarly articles. Among his books are India in Axis Strategy (1981) and What is Asia to us? (1990). His critical edition of President Edvard Beneš' War Memoirs 1938-45 was published in 2007.