In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn how to design, create, and deploy high-impact graphics and animation with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional.
Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the skills and technologies you need, from creating interactivity and animation to optimizing and publishing your Flash movies on the Web.
Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
* Full-color figures and clear step-by-step instructions visually show you how to use Flash.
* Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
* Notes, Tips, and Cautions provide related information, advice, and warnings.
Learn how to…
* Make the most of the updated Flash interface, including its new Motion tools
* Draw and paint original art in Flash
* Use layers and the Library to efficiently organize your content
* Build animations using shape tweening, Flash CS4’s new motion tweening, and advanced inverse kinematics
* Create special effects with shapes, filters, and the new Deco Tool
* Add interactivity to your Flash movies
* Integrate a wide spectrum of audio and video content
* Use ready-built components to create sophisticated content without programming
* Get started with ActionScript 3
* Publish your movies to the Web
* Design modular Flash sites that load quickly and perform well
Phillip Kerman is an internationally recognized expert on the use of the Web and multimedia for training and entertainment. He has frequently presented at Macromedia and Adobe user conferences, and has taught Flash and other Adobe Web development technologies to working web professionals worldwide.
Lynn Beighley, a freelance web programmer and designer, has written several Flash, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop books and training CDs. She has worked at Los Alamos National Labs, Palm, and Yahoo! Her dynamic Flash advertisements have appeared on Yahoo!’s home page.
Phillip Kerman is an independent programmer, teacher, and writer, who specializes in the Adobe Flash platform. He has trained and made presentations around the world, in such exotic locations as Reykjavik, Iceland; Melbourne, Australia; Amsterdam, Holland; and McAlester, Oklahoma. He has programmed several games on MSN and Messenger Live, including Sudoku Too and Jigsaw Too, as well as the real-time cattle auction site stampedecattle.com. Phillip is also the author of Macromedia Flash @work, Flash MX 2004 for Rich Internet Applications, and ActionScripting in Flash MX from New Riders Publishing.
Lynn Beighley is a freelance author, web designer, and web developer. After going back to school to get a Masters in Computer Science, she worked for the acronyms NRL and LANL. Then, she discovered Flash and wrote her first bestseller. A victim of bad timing, she moved to Silicon Valley just before the great crash. She spent several years working for Yahoo! and writing other books and training courses. Upon discovering that technical book writing actually paid real money, she learned to accept and enjoy it. Finally giving in to her creative writing bent, she moved to the New York area to get an MFA in creative writing. She currently creates Flash animations and applications that range from the ridiculous to the sublime.