A new title in the Manchester Physics Series, this introductory text emphasises physical principles behind classical mechanics and relativity. It assumes little in the way of prior knowledge, introducing relevant mathematics and carefully developing it within a physics context. Designed to provide a logical development of the subject, the book is divided into four sections, introductory material on dynamics, and special relativity, which is then followed by more advanced coverage of dynamics and special relativity. Each chapter includes problems ranging in difficulty from simple to challenging with solutions for solving problems.
- Includes solutions for solving problems
- Numerous worked examples included throughout the book
- Mathematics is carefully explained and developed within a physics environment
- Sensitive to topics that can appear daunting or confusing
Wiley; February 2009
- ISBN 9780470721520
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Dynamics and Relativity
- Author: Jeffrey Forshaw; Gavin Smith
About The Author
Dr Jeff Forshaw, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK.
Dr Gavin Smith, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK.