Accounting for Managers

Accounting for Managers by C. Ramagopal
About the Book: Students from diverse backgrounds like Engineering, Pharmacy, Arts and Biological Sciences join a multidisciplinary course like MBA. Many such students have no earlier exposure to basics of Accounting and hesitate to read the preliminary books in learning the fundamentals. Present syllabus of many universities presupposes that the students, already, know the fundamentals of accounting and starts with the preparation of financial statements. Most students keep struggling with accounting, hoping to pass somehow. Many students share their views, even after passing, as their concepts are not clear, and worry for the next semester, as they are to face the advanced subject ``Financial Management`` in the next semester. This book starts with fundamentals. Emphasis is to clear concepts in simple language. The aim is also to meet the aspirations of non-commerce students as well to those who could not study in English medium, earlier. This book will benefit the weakest of the weak and would also be a pleasure for all students, who also wish to prepare for the interviews, as `Interviews Questions on Finance` is a tailpiece at the end of each chapter. Unique Features of this Book Starting from Fundamentals. Targeted for Non-Commerce Students and Graduates in Engineering, Arts, Mathematics, Pharmacy and Sciences. Interview Questions on Finance. Single Book-Suggested Answers and Textbook-Covering Total UGC Syllabus. Added Features as per New Pattern of Exams-True or False, Pick up Right Choice. Contents: Scope and Meaning of Accounting Generally Accepted Accounting Principles Double Entry Principles and Journal Ledger Posting and Trial Balance Preparation of Final Accounts with Adjustments Inventory Valuation Depreciation Analysis of Financial Statements Ratio Analysis Sources and Application of Funds Cash Flow Statement Management Accounting Cost Accounting Cost Records-Reconciliation of Cost and Financial Accounts Standards Costing and Variance Analysis Budget and Budgetary Control Zero-Base Budgeting Costing for Decision-Making Break Even Analysis Marginal Costing-Accept or Reject Decisions Marginal Costing-Make or Buy Decisions Absorption Costing or Full Costing
New Age International Pvt. Ltd., Publishers; January 2009
Title: Accounting for Managers
Author: C. Ramagopal