Engineering Chemistry

Engineering Chemistry by Raghupati Mukhopadhyay
About the Book: The book is meant for students of engineering degree colleges all over India. The syllabi covers various topics on physical chemistry, organic chemistry, industrial chemistry, and inorganic chemistry. To cover a variety of topics in a single book, that too for beginners, is a very difficult task. We have tried to present the subject matter very lucidly so that the students can grasp it easily. Some portions of the subject matter have been highlighted so that the students can understand the important and salient features of the topics. The book covers the latest syllabi of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. Short questions and answers are given in the book for the benefit of the students for semester exams. Contents: Atoms and Molecules Valency and Chemical Bonding Nuclear Chemistry Thermodynamics Reaction Dynamics/Chemical Kinetics Catalyst Mechanism of Organic Reactions Ionic Equilibrium Electrochemistry Electrochemical Cells Phase Rule Colloids Transition Metal Chemistry Metallurgy Adhesives Explosives and Propellants Water Treatment Fuels and Combustion Silicate Technology Polymers Paints Solid State Chemistry Chromatography Instrumental Methods of Analysis Photochemistry Role of Metals in Biology Pollution Prevention and Waste Minimisation
New Age International Pvt. Ltd., Publishers; January 2008
Title: Engineering Chemistry
Author: Raghupati Mukhopadhyay; Sriparna Datta