Environmental and Ecology

Environmental and Ecology by Anil Kumar De
About the Book: This book has been designed in accordance and within the framework of the module syllabus of UPTU, on Environmental Studies. It will fulfill the basic need of the hour for a standard textbook for the course on Environment & Ecology for the undergraduate students of various disciplines-arts, science, commerce, engineering, medicine, pharmacy, management, law, etc. Salient Features: Simple and lucid style of presentation of environment (physical and human) which will be found interesting by undergraduate students of all discipline. Only essential scientific terms included and explained throughout the text. Glossary of key terms at the end for refreshing the concept. Feedback exercises in the last chapter for testing the knowledge of the subject. The book is intended to carry forward the mission of the authors for promoting environmental education among the students all over the country. Contents: Unit-I: A. Environment B. Human Activities and their Impact on Environment. Unit-II: A. Natural Resources B. Energy. Unit-III: A. Environmental Pollution B. Current Environmental Issues. Unit-IV: Environmental Policies-Protection, Laws Feedback Exercise (Objective Test) Sample Question Papers.
New Age International Pvt. Ltd., Publishers; January 2009
Title: Environmental and Ecology
Author: Anil Kumar De; Arnab Kumar De