The fourth edition of this highly acclaimed text on the natural environment of the earth has now been thoroughly revised and updated and includes a new chapter on The Organic World, more "windows", new illustrations, and a range of other features.
Please visit the accompanying website at: http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/goudie to view sample material from both the new edition and forthcoming instructor's manual online.
- Fully updated with an entirely new chapter, and new features throughout.
- Now features a list of key concepts and points for review.
- Includes increased number of windows, updated and expanded reading guides, and new plates and diagrams.
- Well illustrated with updated examples and case studies.
- Puts more stress on the importance of hazards, natural environmental changes, and human impacts.
Wiley; July 2009
- ISBN 9781444312348
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: The Nature of the Environment
- Author: Andrew S. Goudie
About The Author
Andrew Goudie is Professor of Geography at the University of Oxford and a former Pro-Vice Chancellor. He is holder of the Royal Geographical Society's Founder's Medal and the Royal Scottish Geographical Society's Mungo Park Medal. He is a Fellow of Hertford College, Oxford.
His previous books include The Human Impact 5e (Blackwell, 1999), The Human Impact Reader (Blackwell,1997) , The Earth Transformed (Blackwell, 1997), and The Changing Earth (Blackwell, 1995). He is co-editor of The Students Companion to Geography (Blackwell, 1992) and The Dictionary of Physical Geography 3e (Blackwell, 2000)