Sport and Tourism: Globalization, Mobility and Identity marks a new era in sport tourism texts. Written by global experts whose previous collaborations have been integral to the development of the field, the book applies key social science concepts and issues relevant to the academic study of sport and tourism.
This is a ground-breaking text, which:
- Critically explores the wider manifestations of sport-related tourism and mobility
Addresses key themes such as globalization, mobility and identity
- Explores the unique interrelationship that exists in a sport tourism context between activity, people and place
- Includes case studies written by a range of leading scholars from around the world
Set to be the an essential text for any student or academic in the field, this book cements and advances previous studies by building upon existing literature, while extending the field by exploring avenues of study that are yet to be comprehensively addressed. The latest collaboration by internationally renowned authors applies new theoretical perspectives for the advancement of sport tourism.
Taylor and Francis; May 2010
- ISBN 9781136435881
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Sport and Tourism
- Author: James Higham; Tom Hinch
In The Press
"Sport and Tourism claims to be a groundbreaking book on sport tourism, and upon closer scrutiny, it certainly delivers on this bold statement of intent. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this book as a key text for any course of study that explores sport tourism."
Richard Shipway, European Sport Management Quarterly
About The Author
James Higham Professor, Department of Tourism, University of Otago, New Zealand
Tom Hinch Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta, Canada