The fast and easy way to score your best on the Firefighter Exam
In addition to physical tests of strength, agility, and coordination, firefighters must also pass a difficult written test that requires serious preparation to fare well, and many applicants fail to succeed.
Firefighter Exam For Dummies gives you a complete review of the most commonly tested topics that are typical of firefighter exams given to candidates across North America, as well as tips and advice on how to pass the oral interview, psychological testing, and the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT).
- Coverage of reading comprehension, math, principles of mechanics, tool usage and recognition, memorization and visualization, and on-the-job scenarios
- Study advice and test-taking tips
- 4 full-length practice exams with answers and detailed explanations including the National Firefighter Selection Inventory (NFSI), a battery of 105 questions that assess the job-related cognitive skills required of a firefighter, and a test based on the New York City (NYC) firefighter exam-one of the most demanding Complete with advice for conquering test anxiety, Firefighter Exam For Dummies covers everything you need to know to confidently tackle-and pass-the big exam.
Wiley; December 2010
- ISBN 9781118000557
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Firefighter Exam For Dummies
- Author: Stacy L. Bell; Lindsay Rock; Tracey Biscontini
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Stacy L. Bell is responsible for the development and validation of testing instruments for Fire & Police Selection, Inc. Tracey Vasil Biscontini, founder, president, and CEO of Northeast Editing, Inc., is a test-preparation development specialist. Lindsay Rock, managing editor at Northeast Editing, Inc., is a former firefighter.