Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management

by F. Robert Jacobs, William Lee Berry, D. Clay Whybark,

The definitive guide to manufacturing planning and control--FULLY REVISED AND UPDATED FOR THE CPIM EXAM

Improve supply chain effectiveness, productivity, customer satisfaction, and profitability with help from this authoritative resource. Completely up-to-date, Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management: APICS/CPIM Certification Edition offers comprehensive preparation for the challenging CPIM exam with hundreds of practice exam questions and detailed case studies. In-depth coverage of manufacturing planning and control (MPC) best practices and the latest research gives you the competitive advantage in today's global manufacturing environment, and helps you to obtain the coveted CPIM designation.

Covers the state of the art in manufacturing, including:

• Manufacturing planning and control
  • Enterprise resource planning
  • Demand management
  • Forecasting
  • Sales and operations planning
  • Master production scheduling
  • Material requirements planning
  • Capacity planning and management
  • Production activity control
  • Advanced scheduling
  • Just-in-time
  • Distribution requirements planning
  • Management of supply chain logistics
  • Order point inventory control methods
  • Strategy and MPC system design
  • McGraw-Hill Education; April 2011
  • ISBN 9780071750325
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
  • Title: Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management
  • Author: F. Robert Jacobs; William Lee Berry; D. Clay Whybark; Thomas E Vollmann
  • Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education

About The Author

F. Robert Jacobs is a professor at the Kelley School Business, Indiana University. He has served on the APICS board of directors and was a key author of the APICS “Body of Knowledge Framework.” Mr. Jacobs is coauthor of previous editions of Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management and coauthor of Operations and Supply Chain Management.

William L. Berry is an emeritus professor at The Ohio State University and coauthor of previous editions of Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management.

D. Clay Whybark is an emeritus professor at the University of North Carolina and coauthor of previous editions of Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management.

Thomas E. Vollmann was a professor at IMD and coauthor of previous editions of Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management.