Teaching and Learning

A Model for Academic and Social Cognition

by Marjorie S. Schiering, Drew Bogner,

Learners are multi-faceted, unique people. Discovering the whole individual is incumbent upon realizing the teaching/learning environments, common social and societal realities, and belief and value systems respective of academic and socio-societal factors that establish who one is as a learner and teacher. In Learning and Teaching, the authors offer practical strategies for interactive instruction to facilitate optimum learning. This book addresses theoretical framework that includes the relationship between thoughts and feelings, the effect of past esperiences on present and future behaviors, universal connectivity, and a strong understanding of who one is as a teacher and learner.
  • R&L Education; June 2011
  • ISBN 9781610484282
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
  • Title: Teaching and Learning
  • Author: Marjorie S. Schiering; Drew Bogner; Jorun Buli-Holmberg
  • Imprint: R&L Education

In The Press

In Teaching and Learning, the authors skillfully demonstrate for teachers, teachers-in-training, school psychologists, and parents the enormous impact of the Cognitive Collective on performance in the classroom setting. The awareness and understanding of the interplay of thinking on feeling and feelings on thinking by academic and school-based mental health teams can facilitate students' ability to meet the varied demands of the 21st century classroom. The authors' view of students in a holistic manner reinforce the principles of excellence in the field of education.

About The Author

Marjorie Schiering is a full professor in the Division of Education at Molloy College and ordained interfaith minister and chaplain. Drew Bogner is president and professor of education at Molloy College in Rockville Centre, New York. Jorun Buli-Holmberg has 20 years of experience teaching at different levels from pre-school to high school with 15 years at the University level in Oslo, Norway and is an active, published researcher on inclusive education and meta-cognition.