International Politics and the Environment

International Politics and the Environment by Ronald B. Mitchell

This book provides a sophisticated overview of the theories, concepts and methods central to the complex and contentious field of International Environmental Politics (IEP). Ronald B Mitchell carefully introduces students to the political processes involved in both causing and resolving international environmental problems. Each fully integrated chapter:

• Links environmental policy to politics, bringing in a wide range of practical real-life examples
  • Deepens students' theoretical understanding, helping them to identify and explain international environmental problems and their solutions
  • Goes beyond description and develops students' ability to evaluate claims about outcomes in international environmental politics through empirical testing.

A rounded, in-depth examination of IEP, this book has been specifically written for graduate and advanced undergraduate courses in global environmental politics and modules of broader international relations programs.

SAGE Series on the Foundations of International Relations

Series Editors:

Walter Carlsnaes Uppsala University, Sweden

Jeffrey T. Checkel Simon Fraser University, Canada

International Advisory Board:

Peter J. Katzenstein Cornell University, USA

Emanuel Adler University of Toronto, Canada

Martha Finnemore George Washington University, USA

Andrew Hurrell Oxford University, UK

G. John Ikenberry Princeton University, USA

Beth Simmons Harvard University, USA

Steve Smith University of Exeter, UK

Michael Zuern Hertie School of Governance, Berlin, Germany

The SAGE Foundations series fills the gap between narrowly-focused research monographs and broad introductory texts, providing graduate students with state-of-the-art, critical overviews of the key sub-fields within International Relations: International Political Economy, International Security, Foreign Policy Analysis, International Organization, Normative IR Theory, International Environmental Politics, Globalization, and IR Theory.

Explicitly designed to further the transatlantic dialogue fostered by publications such as the SAGE Handbook of International Relations, the series is written by renowned scholars drawn from North America, continental Europe and the UK. The books are intended as core texts on advanced courses in IR, taking students beyond the basics and into the heart of the debates within each field, encouraging an independent, critical approach and signposting further avenues of research.

SAGE Publications; November 2009
Title: International Politics and the Environment
Author: Ronald B. Mitchell

1446206548
9781412919746
9781446206546
9781446243220