Apricot Jam

And Other Stories

Apricot Jam by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Not available
After years of living in exile, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn returned to Russia in 1994 and published a series of eight powerfully paired stories. These groundbreaking stories interconnected and juxtaposed using an experimental method Solzhenitsyn referred to as binary”join Solzhenitsyn’s already available work as some of the most powerful literature of the twentieth century.

With Soviet and post-Soviet life as their focus, they weave and shift inside their shared setting, illuminating the Russian experience under the Soviet regime. In The Upcoming Generation,” a professor promotes a dull but proletarian student purely out of good will. Years later, the same professor finds himself arrested and, in a striking twist of fate, his student becomes his interrogator. In Nastenka,” two young women with the same name lead routine, ordered livesuntil the Revolution exacts radical change on them both.

The most eloquent and acclaimed opponent of government oppression, Solzhenitsyn was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1970, and his work continues to receive international acclaim. Available for the first time in English, Apricot Jam: And Other Stories is a striking example of Solzhenitsyn’s singular style and only further solidifies his place as a true literary giant.
Counterpoint; Read online
Title: Apricot Jam
Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Apricot Jam and Other Stories by Alexander Solzhenitsyn: review - Telegraph.co.uk
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 00:00:56 -0800
Telegraph.co.ukApricot Jam and Other Stories by Alexander Solzhenitsyn: reviewTelegraph.co.ukAmong Alexander Solzhenitsyn's ...
Apricot Jam: A helpless witness to history - The National
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:06:22 -0700
The NationalApricot Jam: A helpless witness to historyThe NationalThe question applies with equal validity to the author and ...
The Sealed Letter, By Emma Donoghue, Picador, RRP£16.99, 398 pages - Financial Times
Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:04:27 -0800
The Sealed Letter, By Emma Donoghue, Picador, RRP£16.99, 398 pagesFinancial TimesRobert Browning wrote his greatest poem, “The ...
Subject categories
1582438463
9781582436029
9781582438467

This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...