The Must-Have Guide for Songwriters
Writing Better Lyrics has been a staple for songwriters for nearly two decades. Now this revised and updated 2nd Edition provides effective tools for everything from generating ideas, to understanding the form and function of a song, to fine-tuning lyrics.
Perfect for new and experienced songwriters alike, this time-tested classic covers the basics in addition to more advanced techniques.
Songwriters will discover:
- How to use sense-bound imagery to enhance a song's emotional impact on listeners
- Techniques for avoiding clichés and creating imaginative metaphors and similes
- Ways to use repetition as an asset
- How to successfully manipulate meter
- Instruction for matching lyrics with music
- Ways to build on ideas and generate effective titles
- Advice for working with a co-writer
- And much more
Featuring updated and expanded chapters, 50 fun songwriting exercises, and examples from more than 20 chart-toppings songs, Writing Better Lyrics gives you all of the professional and creative insight you need to write powerful lyrics and put your songs in the spotlight where they belong.