Grasping God's Word

A Hands-On Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible

Rating: 5.0000 - 1 votes
Grasping God's Word by J. Scott Duvall

Grasping God's Word has proven itself in classrooms across the country as an invaluable help to students who want to learn how to read, interpret, and apply the Bible for themselves. The third edition, revised based on feedback from professors, will continue to serve college-level students and lay learners well in their quest to gain a firm grasp on the rock of God's word.

Old Testament scholar J. Daniel Hays and New Testament expert J. Scott Duvall provide practical, hands-on exercises to guide students through the interpretive process. To emphasize the Bible's redemptive arc and encourage correlation across the biblical canon, the authors have included a call to "Consult the biblical map. How does a theological principle fit with the rest of the Bible?" as an additional step in the Interpretive Journey. This edition has also been rearranged for clarity and includes updated illustrations, appendices, bibliography, and assignments.

A robust suite of learning aids is available for purchase to be used alongside the textbook to help students excel in their studies. These include a workbook, video lectures for each chapter featuring the authors, and a laminated quick study sheet with key concepts from the book.

Zondervan; May 2012
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: Grasping God's Word
Author: J. Scott Duvall; J. Daniel Hays; Kevin J. Vanhoozer and Mark L. Strauss

Customer Reviews
Verified Buyer
What is a Verified Buyer
A Verified Buyer is a user who has purchased the reviewed product through our store.
Great book
Somewhat repetitive in requirements, but definitely covers the original meaning of the text.