Discover how mindfulness can help you take care of yourself - and others!
Become More Mindful In a Day provides a practical introduction to mindfulness, and the benefits of a mindful approach to life. Designed to contain a day’s reading, this handy guide explains what mindfulness is, how to begin practising mindful meditation, and explores a number of ways mindfulness can help you achieve a happier state of mind.
Open the book and find:
- An introduction to the basics of mindfulness meditation
- The difference between ‘formal’ and ‘informal’ meditation
- Several examples of mindful meditation, including the body scan meditation and sitting meditation
- How mindfulness can help in relationships
- Tips for exercising mindfully
Wiley; January 2012
- ISBN 9781118380482
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Become More Mindful In A Day For Dummies
- Author: Shamash Alidina
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Shamash Alidina is a professional mindfulness trainer, teacher and lecturer. He trained in mindfulness at the Centre For Mindfulness in Bangor and he has a Masters degree in Education, with a focus on brain and behaviour. Shamash is qualified?as a professional coach and he has a certificate in Counselling Skills. Shamash has over 10 years' experience teaching mindfulness in schools and on university courses, and he currently runs mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) courses in London. He has spoken at several high-profile meditation lectures and workshops, including the 'Science of Mindfulness' and the 'Science of Gratitude' lecture series in London. Shamash is also the author of Mindfulness For Dummies.