Neonatology at a Glance provides a concise, illustrated overview of neonatal medicine. Written by leading international experts, it provides essential information on perinatal medicine, delivery, the normal newborn infant and neonatal problems encountered in neonatal intensive care units and their management.
Each topic is supported by excellent illustrations, diagrams, and, for the first time, video clips to show neonatal resuscitation and stabilizing the sick newborn, normal examination, the baby with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, recognition of seizures and practical procedures.
The enhanced ebook features embedded video demonstrations on practical procedures, providing additional resources to complement the text, as well as a re-flowable format to ensure ease of navigation. These videos can be viewed via the enhanced book, or seen through the companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/neonatology
Neonatology at a Glance:
• Provides up to date coverage of the important conditions you will encounter
• Covers challenging topics including pain, ethical issues, quality improvement, evidence based medicine and palliative care
• Features new sections on fetal medicine, respiratory support, therapeutic hypothermia, amplified EEG and perinatal neuroimaging
• Integrates invaluable details about practical procedures including neonatal resuscitation and transport
Neonatology at a Glance is the perfect guide for all health professionals looking after newborn infants, including pediatric trainees, medical students, neonatal nurse practitioners and neonatal nurses, therapists and midwives. For neonatologists, pediatricians and nurse tutors it is a valuable resource to assist with teaching.
Wiley; June 2015
- ISBN 9781118767344
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: Neonatology at a Glance
- Author: Tom Lissauer; Avroy A. Fanaroff; Lawrence Miall; Jonathan Fanaroff
About The Author
Dr Tom Lissauer is Honorary Consultant Neonatologist at Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London, UK
Dr Avroy Fanaroff is Eliza Henry Barnes Professor of Neonatology, Rainbow & Babies Children's Hospital; Emeritus Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dr Lawrence Miall is Consultant Neonatologist, Leeds Children's Hospital, Leeds, UK; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Dr Jonathan Fanaroff is Co-Medical Director, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Director, Rainbow Center for Pediatric Ethics, Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, USA