Presenting an Effective and Dynamic Technical Paper: A Guidebook for Novice and Experienced Speakers in a Multicultural World is intended for inexperienced speakers as well as those aspiring to improve their communication skills in making either formal or informal presentations on a technical subject.
The book focuses on how to make presentations to a cross-cultural audience, including such tactics as how to list the names of the co-authors on your presentation, how to handle eye contact and use humor, both of which can differ across the global spectrum of cultures. The cross-cultural focus of this book relates not only to the audience, but also to the speaker. This book also includes helpful tips for non-native English speakers.
- Discusses best practices in putting together an effective talk
- Focuses on leveraging the speaker’s existing skillsets to develop the delivery style that works best for that individual
- Features one-page quick reference guides for giving both formal oral and informal poster presentations
- Addresses cross-cultural communication, as well as particular concerns for non-native English speakers
- Includes a companion site with tools and video examples of formal and informal presentations for further self-guidance