Offering a complete overview of the hospitality and catering industry for over 50 years, this new edition of the essential reference text has been updated to reflect latest developments and current issues.
Covering all aspects of the industry - from commodities and nutrition, to planning, resourcing and running each of the key operational areas - The Theory of Hospitality and Catering is an essential text for anyone training to work in the hospitality industry. It will be valuable to anyone completing courses in Professional Cookery and Hospitality Supervision, as well as foundation degree and first-year undergraduate hospitality management and culinary arts students.
- Discusses all of the current issues affecting the industry, including environmental concerns such as traceability, seasonality and sustainability; as well as important financial considerations such as how to maximise profit and reduce food waste.
- Considers latest trends and developments, including the use and impact of social media.
- Updated to reflect up-to-date legislative requirements, including new allergen legislation.
- Helps you to understand how theories are applied in practice with new case studies from hospitality businesses throughout.
Hodder Education; May 2016
- ISBN 9781471864964
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: The Theory of Hospitality and Catering Thirteenth Edition
- Author: David Foskett; Patricia Paskins; Andrew Pennington; Neil Rippington
Imprint: Hodder Education
About The Author
Professor David Foskett MBE CMA FIH BEd HONS is former Dean and Head of the London School of Hospitality and Tourism at the University of West London. He is a member of The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, Craft Guild of Chefs, a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality, and sits on various committees advising on hospitality education and training. He is an experienced hospitality and catering author.
Patricia Paskins MIH BEd HONS is an experienced teacher and education and training consultant, having worked with a range of high profile hospitality establishments, agencies and quality food suppliers. She previously held the role of Work-Based Learning Co-ordinator at the London School of Hospitality at the University of West London. She is an experienced hospitality author and has also written qualifications for well-known awarding organisations.
Andrew Pennington is Director of China Campus, Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Suzhou Tourism and Finance Institute.
Neil Rippington is Dean of the College of Food at University College Birmingham. He is an experienced hospitality and catering author.