When it comes to writing weapons, most authors shoot from the hip--and miss. The Writer's Guide to Weapons will help you hit your target every time.
Firearms and knives have starring roles in a wide range of genres--crime, thriller, war, mystery, Western, and more. Unfortunately, many depictions of weapons in novels and film are pure fiction. Knowing the difference between a shotshell and a slug, a pistol and a revolver, or a switchblade and a butterfly knife is essential for imbuing your story with authenticity--and gaining popularity with discerning readers.
Inside you'll find:
- An in-depth look at the basics of firearms and knives: how they work, why they work, what they look like, and how to depict them accurately in your stories.
- The biggest weapons myths in fiction, TV, and film.
- A surefire guide for choosing the correct weapon for your characters, no matter their skill level, strength, or background.
- A review of major gun and knife laws, weapons safety tips,and common police tactics.
- "The Hit List," showcasing the most popular weapons for spies, detectives, gunslingers, gangsters, military characters, and more.
- Examples highlighting inaccurate vs. accurate weapons depictions.
- An insightful foreword by David Morrell, the award-winning creator of Rambo.
Equal parts accessible, humorous, and practical, The Writer's Guide to Weapons
is the one resource you need to incorporate firearms and knives into your fiction like a seasoned professional.