Invisible Chains

Canada's Underground World Of Human Trafficking

Invisible Chains by Benjamin Perrin
Just outside Toronto, a 14-year-old Canadian girl was auctioned on the internet for men to purchase by the hour. A young woman was taken by slave traders from an African war zone to Edmonton to earn greater profits by exploiting her in prostitution. A gang called Wolfpack recruited teenagers in Quebec and sold them for sex to high-profile men in the community.

The global problem of human trafficking is only beginning to be recognized in Canada, even though it has been hidden in plain sight. In Invisible Chains, Benjamin Perrin, an award-winning law professor and policy expert, exposes cases of human trafficking, recording in-depth interviews with people on the front lines—police officers, social workers, and the victims themselves—and bringing to light government records released under access-to-information laws.

Penguin Canada; October 2010
ISBN 9780143178972
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: Invisible Chains
Author: Benjamin Perrin

Nova Scotia town seeks to reclaim its name from gang linked to Marsman/Billie slayings - Calgary Herald
Thu, 01 Sep 2016 02:54:30 -0700
Calgary HeraldNova Scotia town seeks to reclaim its name from gang linked to Marsman/Billie slayingsCalgary HeraldNorth Preston ...
Our Campus: Steve Price coaches the best university swimmers in Canada - Ubyssey Online
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:14:23 -0700
Ubyssey OnlineOur Campus: Steve Price coaches the best university swimmers in CanadaUbyssey Online"If you're in the ...
Our Campus: President Santa Ono on Storming the Wall, campus spirit and Twitter selfies - Ubyssey Online
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:10:23 -0700
Ubyssey OnlineOur Campus: President Santa Ono on Storming the Wall, campus spirit and Twitter selfiesUbyssey OnlineThis year, ...
Subject categories
9780143178972
9780670064533