Communicating in Global Business Negotiations

A Geocentric Approach

Communicating in Global Business Negotiations by Jill E. Rudd

"Communication in Global Business Negotiations: A Geocentric Approach presents college-level business and communications majors with a new approach for studying communication and negotiation in international business, using a geocentric cross-disciplinary framework. Chapters cover intercultural communication, provide students with a view of the world and how to negotiate with others from different cultures, and uses practitioners' perspectives to inject real-world case studies and scenarios into the picture. College-level business collections will find this an essential acquisition."

THE MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW

"Authors Jill E. Rudd and Diana R. Lawson uniquely integrate communication and international business perspectives to help readers develop a strong understanding of the elements for negotiating an international setting, as well as the skills needed to adapt to the changing environment."

—BUSINESS INDIA

Presenting a new method for the study of communication and negotiation in international business, this text provides students with the knowledge to conduct negotiations from a geocentric framework. Authors Jill E. Rudd and Diana R. Lawson integrate communication and international business perspectives to help readers develop a strong understanding of the elements necessary for negotiating in a global setting, as well as the skills needed to adapt to the changing environment. This geocentric orientation is an evolution of global learning resulting in effective worldwide negotiation.

Key Features:

• Offers a cross-disciplinary approach: The fields of communication and business are integrated to provide a macro-orientation to global business negotiation.
  • Devotes a chapter to intercultural communication competency: Scales are included to help students assess their potential to become a successful global business negotiators.
  • Provides students with a view of the world in negotiating with others from different cultures: Up-to-date information about current international business contexts gives insight into the challenges experienced by global business negotiators.
  • Discusses alternative dispute resolution: Because of differences in culture and in political structure from one country to another, a chapter is devoted to this growing area of global business negotiation.
  • Presents practitioners' perspectives: These perspectives illustrate the "real world" of global business negotiation and reinforce the importance of understanding cultural differences.

Intended Audience:

This is an ideal core text for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses such as Negotiation & Conflict Resolution and International Business & Management in the departments of Communication and Business & Management.

SAGE Publications; March 2007
Title: Communicating in Global Business Negotiations
Author: Jill E. Rudd; Diana R. Lawson

1452215421
9781412916585
9781452215426
9781544349961