Adventures in Criminal Justice Research

Data Analysis Using SPSS 15.0 and 16.0 for Windows

Adventures in Criminal Justice Research by Kim A. Logio

The only book of its kind, this text guides students through the process of conducting criminological data analysis. Used primarily in lab settings, the Fourth Edition of Adventures in Criminal Justice Research, derived from the popular Adventures in Social Research (Babbie et al, Pine Forge Press/SAGE), systematically takes students through a series of investigative adventures. More than 150 screenshots in the text offer clear visual step-by-step instructions to solidify student understanding.

New to This Edition

• Incorporates even more criminal justice exercises, policy-related exercises, and hot criminal justice–related issues throughout the book
  • Includes analysis of criminal justice and other social issues using data from GSS sets, the 2000 Census, the Harvard School of Public Health College Alcohol Survey, and other data sets available to the public through the Internet
  • Offers increased coverage of Web-based surveys and survey software

Accompanied by High-Quality Ancillaries!

• A new Student study site at www.sagepub.com/logiostudy features numerous data sets along with online appendices - Appendix A: Sample Journal Article and "How to Read a Research Article", Appendix B: College Alcohol Study Questionnaire, and Appendix C: Chapter Review Quizzes with Answers.

Intended Audience

This practical textbook is a valuable supplement for courses in Research Methods and/or Statistics in departments of criminal justice or criminology.

The only book of its kind, this text guides students through the process of conducting criminological data analysis. Used primarily in lab settings, the of , derived from the popular (Babbie et al, Pine Forge Press/SAGE), systematically takes students through a series of investigative adventures.
SAGE Publications; February 2008
Title: Adventures in Criminal Justice Research
Author: Kim A. Logio; George W. Dowdall; Earl R. Babbie; Frederick S. Halley