Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective

Defining, Understanding, and Combating Abuse

Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective by Kathleen M. Malley-Morrison

Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective focuses on family violence from four major ethnic populations of the United States: Native American Indian, African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Asian American. Authors Kathleen Malley-Morrison and Denise A. Hines examine violence in these communities and take an ecological approach to its incidences, correlations, and consequences. The information and cases in the book are organized within a cognitive-affective-ecological framework, allowing readers to consider the many causes of family violence. The book looks at the different types of family violence including child, spousal, and elder abuse and addresses the broader historical and environmental forces contributing to violence within different communities.

focuses on family violence from four major ethnic populations of the United States: Native American Indian, African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Asian American. Authors Kathleen Malley-Morrison and Denise A. Hines examine violence in these communities and take an ecological approach to its incidences, correlations, and consequences. The information and cases in the book are organized within a cognitive-affective-ecological framework, allowing readers to consider the many causes of family violence. The book looks at the different types of family violence including child, spousal, and elder abuse and addresses the broader historical and environmental forces contributing to violence within different communities.

Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective is designed for undergraduate and graduate students taking family violence courses in Family Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, and Human Services. This book is also a vital resource for professionals and practitioners working with diverse client populations.

is designed for undergraduate and graduate students taking family violence courses in Family Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, and Human Services. This book is also a vital resource for professionals and practitioners working with diverse client populations.
SAGE Publications; September 2003
Title: Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective
Author: Kathleen M. Malley-Morrison; Denise A. Hines

1452266972
9780761925965
9781452266978