Leading and Managing in the Early Years

Leading and Managing in the Early Years by Carol Aubrey

Lecturers, why waste time waiting for the post to arrive? Click on the above icon and receive your e-inspection copy today!

'…a major contribution to the limited literature and research on leadership in childhood education.' - Professor Tony Bush, Editor of Educational Management, Administration and Leadership.

'This important book focuses clearly on evidence, describing the realities of leading and managing settings in times of rapid policy changes. Carol Aubrey manages to combine theory, research and practice in a book that will be invaluable to a new generation of early years professionals.' - Angela Anning, Emeritus Professor of Early Childhood Education, University of Leeds, UK

'..skilfully draws on sound empirical research to present a grounded theory model for leadership in early years education. ….of interest to researchers, students and practitioners internationally.' - Professor Nithi Muthukrishna, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

This Second Edition of Leading and Managing in the Early Years explores and integrates leadership and management practice with a real understanding of early years settings.

Revised and updated, this new edition includes:

- Two new chapters on private day care and reflective practice and action research

- Further coverage of reflective practice and reflective leadership skills

- More on EYPS as well as integrated centre leadership

- Practical suggestions for working with resistant groups and individuals.

Carol Aubrey investigates different concepts and characteristics of Early Childhood (EC) leadership as well as the roles and responsibilities of EC leaders. She also explores the types of leadership programmes or development which are needed to maximise the effectiveness of EC leaders.

This book is essential reading for students in Early Childhood courses, Early Years Practitioners and local authority employees involved with the integrated centres initiative.

Carol Aubrey is Professor of Early Childhood Studies at the University of Warwick.

SAGE Publications; May 2011
Title: Leading and Managing in the Early Years
Author: Carol Aubrey

1849207550
9781446248522
9781446259856
9781849207546
9781849207553