This collective work identifies the latest developments in the field of the automatic processing and analysis of digital color images.
For researchers and students, it represents a critical state of the art on the scientific issues raised by the various steps constituting the chain of color image processing.
It covers a wide range of topics related to computational color imaging, including color filtering and segmentation, color texture characterization, color invariant for object recognition, color and motion analysis, as well as color image and video indexing and retrieval.
1. Color Representation and Processing in Polar Color Spaces, Jesús Angulo, Sébastien Lefèvre and Olivier Lezoray.
2. Adaptive Median Color Filtering, Frédérique Robert-Inacio and Eric Dinet.
3. Anisotropic Diffusion PDEs for Regularization of Multichannel Images: Formalisms and Applications, David Tschumperlé.
4. Linear Prediction in Spaces with Separate Achromatic and Chromatic Information,Olivier Alata, Imtnan Qazi, Jean-Christophe Burie and Christine Fernandez-Maloigne.
5. Region Segmentation, Alain Clément, Laurent Busin, Olivier Lezoray and Ludovic Macaire.
6. Color Texture Attributes, Nicolas Vandenbroucke, Olivier Alata, Christèle Lecomte, Alice Porebski and Imtnan Qazi.
7. Photometric Color Invariants for Object Recognition, Damien Muselet.
8. Color Key Point Detectors and Local Color Descriptors, Damien Muselet and Xiaohu Song.
9. Motion Estimation in Color Image Sequences, Bertrand Augereau and Jenny Benois-Pineau.