is the first book in over a decade to incorporate the latest research in this active and fast-developing field. It discusses the shapes, sizes, patterns, distribution, history and care of wind-blown dunes, and covers all aspects of dunes, terrestrial and in the Solar System.
- The only book to cover all dunes, terrestrial and in the Solar System, in deserts, on coasts, and in the past
- Represents the most current update on the research of dunes for over a decade
- Incorporates the latest research to come out of China where the field is most rapidly expanding
- Discusses the most recent range of skills and technology now focused on the study of dunes
- Brings up-to-date a rapidly expanding field
Wiley; March 2013
- ISBN: 9781118295816
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Dunes
Series: RGS-IBG Book Series
- Author: Andrew Warren
About The Author
Andrew Warren is Emeritus Professor of Geography, University College London where he taught between 1964 and 2002. He had previously worked as soil surveyor in Pakistan. His dune research has taken him to the Sudan, Nebraska, Libya, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Niger, Israel, Oman and Chad. His books include Geomorphology in Deserts, (1973) with Ron Cooke, Desert Geomorphology (1992) with Ron Cooke and Andrew Goudie, and Aeolian Geomorphology (1996) with Ian Livingstone.