In Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex Changes ... but Were Afraid to Ask
, Janice Morgan Stevens offers the first non-technical, straight from the shoulder guide to getting a sex change. If you're someone, or know someone, who has always felt they were born in the wrong kind of body and should have been a woman, this is the one book you should read. Based on five years of research, it walks you step-by-step through the entire process of transition from male-to-female. The book covers:
* How to Tell if Someone is a Candidate for Sex Change
* How a Therapist Helps Ease the Transition from Male-to-Female
* Physiological and Emotional Effects of Taking Estrogen and Other Female Hormones
* What It's Like to Begin Living Full-Time as a Woman
* Feminizing the Body: Electrolysis, Breast Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery
* Why Some Opt to Live as Women - But Never Have Surgery
* How Surgeons Turn Male Genitalia Female
* What Sex is Like Afterward
* How to Locate Therapists, Endocrinologists and Surgeons
This one-of-a-kind book also includes listings of sex reassignment surgeons, national transexual outreach organizations, recommended reading, and helpful websites. In an appendix, male-to-female transexuals will find tips on how they can walk, talk and speak in ways more likely to cause them to be perceived as a woman.
"The author of this book knows her onions!" Merissa Sheryl Lynn, founder The International Foundation for Gender Education.
"A remarkable book by a remarkable writer. A must-read for anyone interested in learning more about the process and the phenomenon." Linda De Villers, Ph.D., AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Sex Educator, author Love Skills.