This updated edition of Stroke: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management delivers convenient access to the latest research findings and management approaches for cerebrovascular disease. Picking up from where J. P. Mohr and colleagues left off, a new team of editors — Drs. Grotta, Albers, Broderick, Kasner, Lo, Mendelow, Sacco, and Wong — head the sixth edition of this classic text, which is authored by the world’s foremost stroke experts.
- Comprehensive, expert clinical guidance enables you to recognize the clinical manifestations of stroke, use the latest laboratory and imaging studies to arrive at a diagnosis, and generate an effective medical and surgical treatment plan.
- Abundant full-color CT images and pathology slides help you make efficient and accurate diagnoses.
- Data from late-breaking endovascular trials equips you with recent findings.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of advances in molecular biology of cell death; risk factors and prevention; advances in diagnostics and stroke imaging; and therapeutic options, including a thorough review of thrombolytic agents and emerging data for endovascular therapy.
- Features brand-new chapters on Intracellular Signaling: Mediators and Protective Responses; The Neurovascular Unit and Responses to Ischemia; Mechanisms of Cerebral Hemorrhage; Stroke Related to Surgery and Other Procedures; Cryptogenic Stroke; and Interventions to Improve Recovery after Stroke.
- Highlights new information on genetic risk factors; primary prevention of stroke; infectious diseases and stroke; recovery interventions such as robotics, brain stimulation, and telerehabilitation; and trial design.
- Details advances in diagnostic tests, such as ultrasound, computed tomography (including CT angiography and CT perfusion), MRI (including MR perfusion techniques), and angiography.
- Includes extracted and highlighted evidence levels.