Think outside the big-box hotels and discover North America’s most inspiring outdoor getaways. River rafting between luxury camps, harvesting vegetables for a farm-to-table dinner, and ziplining to your treehouse suite, glamping is experiential travel at its finest. To write the first guide on the topic, authors Mike & Anne Howard of the acclaimed blog HoneyTrek.com set out on a 73,000-mile journey from Canada to Costa Rica to find the best glamping destinations in North America and the deeper meaning of this trending term. Comfortably Wild dives into the origins of glamping and the 21st-century craving for unconventional experiences that effortlessly connect us with nature, our families, and ourselves. Rather than being organized by style of lodging or region, each chapter offers a unique way to vacation, like the boutique farmstays in "Cultivate," wellness retreats in “Rejuvenate,” and the action-packed journeys of “In Motion.” Seventy-plus destinations across nine countries come alive with vivid descriptions and hundreds of gorgeous photographs in a coffee-table book that is as informative as it is inspiring.
Comfortably Wild Features:
- Over 70 destinations across 9 countries, plus 80 extra getaways by region in the book’s North America Glamping Directory
- Roundups of unique outdoor accommodations at vineyards, wildlife sanctuaries, hot springs, state parks, and more
- HoneyTrek Tips offering the best deals, local secrets, and tested-and-approved travel advice
- Vacation Matchmaker pinpointing the best destinations for your trip style
- Random Awesomeness featuring wacky one-of-a-kind destinations from cave mansions to ski-on-ski-off treehouses
- Packing lists, cooking ideas, handy apps, and booking sites to get you glamping