This book establishes the voice of medical sociology in key debates in the social sciences. Concerning modernity, postmodernity, structuralism and poststructuralism issues covered include:
* disease and medicine in postmodern times
* gender, health and the feminist debate on the postmodern
* ageing, the lifecourse and the sociology of health and ageing
* medicine and complementary medicine
* death in postmodernity.
Taylor and Francis; April 1998
- ISBN: 9781134824298
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Modernity, Medicine and Health
- Author: Paul Higgs (ed.); Graham Scambler (ed.)
About The Author
Graham Scambler is Reader in Sociology and Director of the Unit of Medical Sociology at University College London. Paul Higgs is Lecturer in Medical Sociology also at University College London.