- Serving as both a tutorial and a reference guide to the MDX (Multidimensional Expressions) query language, this book shows data warehouse developers what they need to know to build effective multidimensional data warehouses
- After a brief overview of the MDX language and a look at how it is used to access data in sophisticated, multidimensional databases and data warehousing, the authors move directly to providing practical examples of MDX in use
- New material covers changes in the MDX language itself as well as major changes in its implementation with the latest software releases of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 and Hyperion Essbase
- Also covers more advanced techniques, like aggregation, query templates, and MDX optimization, and shows users what they need to know to access and analyze data to make better business decisions
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Wiley; May 2006
- ISBN: 9780470007334
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: MDX Solutions
- Author: George Spofford; Sivakumar Harinath; Christopher Webb; Dylan Hai Huang; Francesco Civardi
About The Author
George Spofford is a Distinguished Engineer at Hyperion Solutions, Inc. and the author of the first edition of MDX Solutions (Wiley). Sivakumar Harinath is the Test Lead for Analysis Services 2005 at Microsoft. Christopher Webb is a technical architect who specializes in BI solutions at IMS Health in London. Dylan Hai Huang is currently working as a program manager in Microsoft Office Business Application Team. Before joining the current team, he had been working in Microsoft Analysis Service Performance Team. His main interests are business intelligence, high performance computation and data mining. Francesco Civardi is Chief Scientist at DaisyLabs, a Business Intelligence Company. He is also Professor of Data Analysis Tools and Techniques at the Catholic Universities of Brescia and Cremona.