Exam Board: IB
First Teaching: September 2016
First Exam: June 2017
Develop your skills to become an inquiring learner; ensure you navigate the MYP framework with confidence using a concept-driven and assessment-focused approach to Sciences presented in global contexts.
- Develop conceptual understanding with key MYP concepts and related concepts at the heart of each chapter.
- Learn by asking questions with a statement of inquiry in each chapter.
- Prepare for every aspect of assessment using support and tasks designed by experienced educators.
- Understand how to extend your learning through research projects and interdisciplinary opportunities.
Hodder Education Group; August 2016
- ISBN: 9781471880391
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Sciences for the IB MYP 1
- Author: Paul Morris; Patricia Deo
Imprint: Hodder Education
In The Press
This book is a must have tool for new or experienced MYP teachers. It offers an insight into how MYP science works according to the "next chapter" and how to plan authentic units which cover all aspects of learning as suggested by the IB. It can be used as a reliable source of ideas for criteria based assessments, student led learning, Approaches to learning, inquiry based learning, service action and interdisciplinary connections. The book is well structured and colour coded which makes it easy to move between different sections according to your needs. I have not had the chance to look at the teacher resource pack yet but this book is already proving to be a very useful planning tool