WRITE BULLETPROOF VBA CODE FOR ANY SITUATION
This book is the essential resource for developers working with any of the more than 300 products that employ the Visual Basic for Applications programming language. Written by recognized VBA experts, it provides detailed coverage of a wide range of specific VBA programming challenges. Its careful, step-by-step instructions and thousands of lines of code offer answers, while teaching you to devise new and creative solutions. The instruction applies equally to all VBA environments, whether you are building standalone applications or customizing commercial products using their built-in VBA programmability.
- Manipulating text, numbers, and dates
- Using automation to control other applications
- Creating objects using VBA class modules
- Using standard search and sort algorithms from within VBA
- Creating standard dynamic data structures, including linked lists, binary trees, stacks, and queues
- Working with Windows system information, including memory status, screen info, mouse, keyboard, and power status
- Working with Windows Registry data
- Retrieving and setting Windows networking information
- Working with the Windows file system, iterating through folders, creating and deleting files
- Adding sound and movies to VBA apps using Windows multimedia extensions
- Tapping the system capabilities provided by the Windows Scripting Runtime library
- Writing add-ins for the Visual Basic environment
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Getz is Senior Consultant with MCW Technologies, a frequent speaker at developer conferences throughout the world, and contributing editor for Office & VBA Developer and Access-Office-VBA Advisor magazines. He is the coauthor of the best-selling Access Developer's Handbook. Gilbert is Product Manager with Microsoft's Developer Tools division, specializing in VBA. He is a columnist for Office & VBA Developer magazine and a regular speaker at Microsoft TechEd and other developer conferences.