Instrumentation is not a clearly defined subject, having a 'fuzzy' boundary with a number of other disciplines. Often categorized as either 'techniques' or 'applications' this book addresses the various applications that may be needed with reference to the practical techniques that are available for the instrumentation or measurement of a specific physical quantity or quality. This makes it of direct interest to anyone working in the process, control and instrumentation fields where these measurements are essential.
* Comprehensive and authoritative collection of technical information
* Written by a collection of specialist contributors
* Updated to include chapters on the fieldbus standards, reliability, EMC, 'virtual instrumentation', fibre optics, smart and intelligent transmitters, analyzers, level and flow meters, and many more
Elsevier Science; December 2002
- ISBN: 9780080478531
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Instrumentation Reference Book
- Author: Walt Boyes
In The Press
Some reviews of previous editions:
'Covering all these topics in one place is a tough job, but the Instrumentation Reference Book does just that. It succeeds by calling on the expertise of more than 40 industry and academic engineers'
Test and Measurement World
`Written in a clear, concise style, with good illustrations .... It is an excellent general reference text which will be of great value to the practising control or instrumentation engineer'
Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology
'A valuable reference to those with responsibility for instrumentation in most branches of science, engineering, and [the] process industries'
...provides a solid analysis of measurement and instrumentation fundamentals. -Control Magazine, 2003
...provides basic insights to a number of emerging areas. -Control Magazine, 2003