This latest edition of Effective Security Management retains the qualities that made the previous editions a standard of the profession: a readable, comprehensive guide to the planning, staffing, and operation of the security function within an organization. All chapters are completely updated with the focus on practical methods that the reader can put to use in managing an effective security department.
The Fourth Edition covers current computer applications that can help in the administrative, managerial, and supervisory aspects of the security function. In addition, two new chapters address employee management in detail. The first, Lifestyle Management for Managers, will discuss motivation at work: the how, when, where, what and why of self-motivation for the boss. The second, The Departing Employee, will discuss the exit interview and the information that can be gained in that process.
Also, back by popular demand, are the author's "Jackass Management Traits," 32 humorous portrayals of negative management traits that illustrate very real problems that can undermine the effectiveness of supervisors and managers.
* Includes a new chapter on the use of statistics as a security management tool
* Contains complete updates to every chapter while retaining the outstanding organization of the previous editions
* Recommended reading for The American Society for Industrial Security's (ASIS) Certified Protection Professional (CPP) exam
Elsevier Science; April 2003
- ISBN: 9780080494692
- Edition: 4
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Effective Security Management
- Author: Charles A. Sennewald