Prepare for Your Police Officer Exam with Top Experts in the Field—and Join America's Finest!
McGraw-Hill delivers the complete guide for police officer exams all across America. Packed with all the latest test-prep and career information, McGraw-Hill's Police Officer Exams includes four full-length sample tests, providing a perfect cross-section of the kinds of police exams given nationwide. Criminal Justice experts Michael Palmiotto and Alison McKenney-Brown give you the latest inside information about police officer recruiting and testing, from the basic requirements and the screening process to all the assignments available to successful recruits. If you're looking to launch a rewarding police officer career, this all-in-one resource is the guide for you.
- 4 full-length practice tests based on exams used by the departments of Denver, New York City, San Antonio, Seattle, and the state of Massachusetts
- Strategies for answering every question type on the written exams
- Step-by-step coverage of the candidate screening process, including the physical test, the background investigation, the psychological examination, and the oral interview
- Up-to-the minute information on the new video and essay exam formats
- Coverage of modern police careers, from Crime Scene Investigator to Hostage Negotiator to Airport Police Officer
McGraw-Hill Education; November 2007
- ISBN: 9780071596534
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: McGraw-Hill's Police Officer Exams
- Author: Michael J. Palmiotto; Alison McKenney-Brown
Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education
About The Author
Michael J. Palmiotto, Ph.D., is a Professor of Criminal Justice at Wichita State University, where he teaches courses on law enforcement.
Alison McKenney-Brown, J.D., is Director of the Midwest Criminal Justice Institute at Wichita State University.