The Science of Compassionate Love
is an interdisciplinary volume that presents cutting-edge scholarship on the topics of altruism and compassionate love. The book
- Adopts a social science approach to understanding compassionate love
- Emphasizes positive features of social interaction
- Encourages the appropriate expression of compassionate love both to those in intimate relationships and to strangers
- Includes articles by distinguished contributors from the fields of Psychology, Sociology, Communication Studies, Family Studies, Epidemiology, Medicine and Nursing
- Is ideal for workshops on compassionate love, Positive Psychology, and creating constructive interactions between health professionals and patients
Wiley; January 2009
- ISBN: 9781444303087
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: The Science of Compassionate Love
- Author: Beverley Fehr (ed.); Susan Sprecher (ed.); Lynn G. Underwood (ed.)
About The Author
Beverley Fehr is Professor of Psychology at the University of Winnipeg.
Susan Sprecher is Professor of Sociology with Joint Appointment in Psychology at Illinois State University.
Lynn G. Underwood is Professor of Biomedical Humanities at Hiram College.