The body achieves what the mind believes . . .
Visualize yourself on the green. Smell the freshly mown grass, feel the leather grip in your hands, see the ball sinking into the hole. Mental rehearsal like this is used by golf's greatest athletes to give them the edge they need to play round after perfect round. Now you can get that same winning edge with this unique mental training program for golfers at all levels.
Written by two sports psychology consultants, Golfing with Your Eyes Closed is filled with practical exercises, key points, and professional advice--all created to help you get mentally tough and take your game to the next level.
You'll turn visualization into reality as you learn how to:
- Build your muscle memory with imagery practice
- Turn nervous energy into powerful performance
- Avoid choking under pressure
- Refocus after concentration lapses
- Develop a consistently positive mindset
- Write your own script and realize your golf ambitions
McGraw-Hill Education; February 2009
- ISBN: 9780071615082
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Golfing with Your Eyes Closed
- Author: Erin Macy; Tiffany Wilding-White
Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education
About The Author
Erin Macy and Tiffany Wilding-White both earned masters degrees in exercise and sport science, with an emphasis in sport psychology, at Ithaca College. Erin has been a college instructor of mental training for athletes, and Tiffany, a former national gymnastics champion, has worked as a sport psychology consultant for numerous school teams, private sports academies, as well as amateur and professional athletes.