Essentials of Globalization
is a highly useful compact edition of the author's full-scale textbook, Globalization: A Basic Text
. The Essentials
is written in a style accessible to undergraduates, and draws on both academic and popular sources in its explanations.
- A highly useful compact version of Globalization: A Basic Text, which contains the all major areas in an accessible and affordable format for undergraduate students
- Develops a unique perspective on globalization early in the book and uses it throughout to orient and organize discussion of a wide range of topics and parts of the world
- Integrated use of a wide array of sources, including empirical research, theories, newspaper and magazine articles, monographs, and popular books
- Designed to work as a basic text in globalization courses, or as a supplementary text in courses that include globalization as one of several topics
Wiley; November 2010
- ISBN: 9781444393569
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Globalization
- Author: George Ritzer
About The Author
George Ritzer is Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, with awards that include the American Sociological Association's Distinguished Contribution to Teaching Award. He is the author of numerous books including The McDonaldization of Society (1993, 2011), The Globalization of Nothing (2003, 2007) Globalization: A Basic Text (2010) and the editor of The Encyclopedia of Social Theory (2005), The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology (2007), The Blackwell Companion to Globalization (2007) and the forthcoming The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Globalization. His work has been translated into over 20 languages.