One of the most popular beginning programming books, now fully updated
Java is a popular language for beginning programmers, and earlier editions of this fun and friendly guide have helped thousands get started. Now fully revised to cover recent updates for Java 7.0, Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies, 3rd Edition is certain to put more first-time programmers and Java beginners on the road to Java mastery.
- Explores what goes into creating a program, putting the pieces together, dealing with standard programming challenges, debugging, and making the program work
- Offers new options for tools and techniques used in Java development
- Provides valuable information and examples for the would-be programmer with no Java experience
- All examples are updated to reflect the latest changes in Java 7.0
Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies, 3rd Edition offers an easy-to-understand introduction to programming through the popular, versatile Java 7.0 language.
Wiley; March 2012
- ISBN: 9781118220146
- Edition: 3
- Read online
- Title: Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies
- Author: Barry Burd
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Dr. Barry Burd has an M.S. in Computer Science from Rutgers University and a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Illinois. As a teaching assistant in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, he was elected five times to the universitywide List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by their Students.
Since 1980, Dr. Burd has been a professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey. When he's not lecturing at Drew University, Dr. Burd leads training courses for professional programmers in business and industry. He has lectured at conferences in the United States, Europe, Australia, and Asia. He is the author of several articles and books, including Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies, both published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.